LOS ANGELES — A judge is scheduled to consider Monday whether to dismiss model Janice Dickinson’s defamation lawsuit against Bill Cosby.
The comedian’s attorneys want Dickinson’s case to be dismissed because they say Dickinson has given differing accounts of her interactions with Cosby over the years.
Dickinson sued Cosby in May over his denial of her claims that he drugged and raped her in Lake Tahoe in 1982. She says she tried to include the story in a 2002 memoir, but her publisher refused.
Cosby’s former attorney has denied her claims and branded the model and reality television star a liar.
Dickinson’s suit states the denial caused her to feel re-victimized about the incident.
Dozens of women have accused Cosby of sexual abuse, but in most instances the statutes of limitations have passed.
Click here to read this story on The Chronicle-Telegram.
Content copyright The Chronicle-Telegram.
Your #1 source for Lorain County News.
The post Cosby’s lawyers seek to dismiss defamation case from model Dickinson appeared first on Chronicle-Telegram.
- Growing frenzy outside court as Cosby deliberations wear on
- Tensions rise as Bill Cosby jury struggles to reach verdict
- Will Cosby testify at sex assault trial? Lawyers remain mum
- Bill Cosby jury to hear more of his deposition testimony
- What will the #MeToo movement mean for Cosby's next trial?
- Cosby jokes in first show since 2015 he 'used to be' comedian
- At impasse, Cosby jury goes back to work on verdict
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Jury to hear Bill Cosby's testimony about quaaludes and sex
- Cosby, a year later: Will he seek deal or prepare for trial?
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Cosby lawyers say prosecutors using 'casting couch' cliche
- Cosby judge to weigh potential testimony of 13 other women
- Cosby accuser to resume testimony in sex assault trial
- Jury may soon hear from Cosby, even if he doesn't take stand
- Race, gender, fame all issues as Cosby jury selection starts
- Cosby's lawyer attacks 1 accuser as sex assault trial opens