NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Actor Bill Cosby is set to return to a Pennsylvania courtroom Monday to ask a judge to bring in outside jurors in his criminal sex assault case.
The hearing comes after the trial judge Friday ruled that only one other accuser can testify at the scheduled June trial.
Prosecutors had asked that 13 other accusers testify to support charges that Cosby drugged and molested a former Temple University employee at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.
Investigators reopened her complaint in 2015 and it became an issue in the district attorney's race that fall in Montgomery County.
The defense argues that jurors from another county should hear the case because of the pretrial publicity. Prosecutors don't oppose the motion.
Montgomery Common Pleas Judge Steven O'Neill is presiding over the trial.
- What will the #MeToo movement mean for Cosby's next trial?
- Cosby jokes in first show since 2015 he 'used to be' comedian
- At impasse, Cosby jury goes back to work on verdict
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Cosby team turns to star witness with drug experts on deck
- Jury gets case after Cosby painted as predator, victim
- Opening statements set in Bill Cosby's sex assault retrial
- Constand to confront Cosby after parade of women take aim
- Tensions rise as Bill Cosby jury struggles to reach verdict
- Cosby accuser to resume testimony in sex assault trial
- Jury may soon hear from Cosby, even if he doesn't take stand
- Race, gender, fame all issues as Cosby jury selection starts
- Cosby's lawyer attacks 1 accuser as sex assault trial opens
- Bill Cosby jury to hear more of his deposition testimony
- Growing frenzy outside court as Cosby deliberations wear on
- Jury to hear Bill Cosby's testimony about quaaludes and sex
- Will Cosby testify at sex assault trial? Lawyers remain mum
- Cosby, a year later: Will he seek deal or prepare for trial?
- Cosby judge to weigh potential testimony of 13 other women
- Cosby lawyers say prosecutors using 'casting couch' cliche
- Cosby held for trial; attorneys show glimpse of defense in preliminary hearing
- Bill Cosby due in suburban Philadelphia court for preliminary hearing on sex crime allegations
- Cosby’s lawyers seek to dismiss defamation case from model Dickinson
- Judge rules Cosby case can proceed; preliminary hearing scheduled for March 8
- Judge could rule on Cosby’s bid to dismiss sexual assault case; comedian claims he was promised immunity
- Cosby due in court as lawyers push to get charges dropped
- Cosby supporters waning amid feelings of betrayal
- BREAKING: Bill Cosby charged with sexual assault in suburban Philadelphia