Five businesses in Medina County will ask voters on Nov. 6 to approve the sale of alcohol to boost business.
There are local option issues on the ballot in Brunswick, Brunswick Hills, Medina Township and Montville Township.
According to Ohio Revised Code, D-6 liquor permit holders can only sell liquor on Sundays if voters in the surrounding area approve the issue.
Each issue will only appear on ballots for voters in designated precincts.
Here is a list of local option issues:
- Issue 5 — Brunswick, Precinct 4-C
Issue 5 will allow Draft House and Patio, 1149 Pearl Road, to get a D-6 liquor permit in order to sell liquor between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight Sunday.
- Issue 8 — Brunswick Hills, Precinct A
- Issue 8 asks if wine and mixed beverages should be available for sale between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight Sunday by Gayatri Sleepy Hollow Corp.at Sleepy Hollow Market., 2173 Pearl Road.
- Issue 9 — Brunswick Hills, Precinct B
- Issue 9 asks if the sale of wine and mixed beverages should be permitted between 10 a.m. and midnight Sunday at Barley Jack’s Pub and Eatery, which is the current holder of a D-5 liquor permit and is requesting a D-6 permit. The pub is located at 5333 Center Road.
- Issue 10 — Medina Township, Precinct B
- Issue 10 will allow Tres Portillos, 3571 Medina Road, to sell liquor from 11 a.m. until midnight Sundays. They are applicants for a D-6 permit.
- Issue 11 — Montville Township, Precinct D
Issue 11 will allow Aldi, 3444 Medina Road, to serve alcohol between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight Sundays. If passed, Aldi will get an application for a D-6 permit approved.