The Browns didn’t need long to get the big man under contract.
Defensive end Myles Garrett, the No. 1 pick in the draft, signed his rookie contract Friday.
The four-year deal is worth $30.4 million guaranteed, including a $20.25 million signing bonus, according to reports. All first-round contracts include a team option for the fifth year.
The top pass rusher in last year’s draft, Ohio State’s Joey Bosa, missed all of training camp in a holdout from the San Diego Chargers, which is rare these days with rookie contracts slotted.
That won’t be an issue for Garrett (6-foot-4½, 272 pounds), who had 31 sacks, 141 tackles and seven forced fumbles in three years at Texas A&M. He was a two-time first-team All-American, including by unanimous choice in 2016.
The Browns’ official Twitter account posted a short video of Garrett signing on the dotted line. Seal’s “Kiss From a Rose” was his “song of choice” for the moment.
It’s the latest example of Garrett’s interesting personality. He likes to read and write poetry, is fascinated by dinosaurs and his musical tastes range from Marvin Gaye to Journey to Earth, Wind & Fire to Led Zeppelin to apparently Seal.
The Browns have signed six of their 10 draft picks. Remaining unsigned are safety/kick returner Jabrill Peppers, tight end David Njoku, quarterback DeShone Kizer and defensive tackle Caleb Brantley.
- UPDATED: Browns don't provide update on No. 1 pick Myles Garrett, who misses final minicamp practice following foot injury
- Browns rookie Myles Garrett shares encouraging workout video
- DE Garrett knows he has to prove himself
- Browns No. 1 pick Myles Garrett injures foot, stops practicing
- Sashi Brown "not scared" of Myles Garrett's bravado and comments, comfortable with the No. 1 pick's confidence
- NFL Draft: Browns excited about 10-player haul, more comfortable with roster, eager to see how it translates to field
- Browns select Garrett
- Scott Petrak's mock draft 2.0: Browns make a trade?
- NFL Draft: Myles Garrett out to be greatest of all time; Texas A&M coach says it's no-brainer for Browns to take him No. 1
- Browns Notes: Joe Haden wants Myles Garrett to be the pick at No. 1, would be "super excited"
- Browns Analysis: Buckle up for a wild ride until the NFL Draft ... and maybe when it starts
- Scott Petrak's mock draft
- NFL Draft: Myles Garrett isn't perfect prospect but has loads of potential, projects as good fit for Browns with No. 1 pick